We want to make your project as seamless as possible
- PDFs are very handy for reference, so please send them. But for greater accuracy and to save us time, we’d like to have CAD files.
- When sending CAD plans, AutoCAD is preferable. If you have something else, contact us so we can discuss about the best way to proceed.
- We support a lot of different 3D formats, so if you have a 3D model chances are good that we can read it. The type of model and what you are hiring us for may have an impact on the best format to choose, so it’s probably a good idea to contact us first.
- If you send pictures, we prefer JPG unless there is a specific reason to choose another format.
- Formats we routinely accept are AutoCAD, Revit, Chief Architect, ArchiCAD, SketchUp, 3DS MAX, Rhino, Maya, STL, OBJ, FBX, 3DS, IGES, STEP… As you can see there’s quite a list. If you don’t know the difference between this or which format might be best for a given application, give us a ring and we’ll sort it out!
- We prefer tidy files. If your CAD drawing shows multiple versions, it would probably be a good idea to send us just the one you want modeled to prevent confusion. Also, if the geometry is not created properly, it will likely cause additional cleanup time, and in some cases, it will be faster for us to start from scratch.